Responsible for the processing of the day-to-day functions of the Loan Servicing Department. Ensures the highest level of member service for the credit union’s members. Ensures the highest standards for data integrity and compliance with all mortgage servicing regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to member inquiries with regards to their mortgage, equity and commercial loans serviced by the credit union while providing the highest level of service. Escalates inquiries to the Loan Servicing Manager when necessary.
- Books new mortgage, equity, and commercial loans to the Core Mortgage Servicing system.
- Disburses funds for real estate taxes, homeowners’ insurance, flood insurance and MI paid from mortgage escrow accounts.
- Processes file maintenance for investor mortgage loans sold to the secondary market.
- Processes loan payments received for payoffs and monthly participation loan remittances.
- Prepares discharges and paid paperwork for paid off loans.
- Coordinates construction inspections between members and appraisers and disburses funds for work completed.
- Monitors reports for PMI, file maintenance, new and paid off loans, index updates, rate adjustments, insurance tracking, tax payment records, secondary marketing, participation loans, commercial loans, and construction loans.
- Performs annual escrow analysis functions, including distribution of statements to members and record retention of same.
- Maintains current procedures for existing processes and develops procedures for new processes.
- Maintains positive working relationships with existing and new clients with a constant focus on premier customer service in a growth-oriented environment.
- Perform additional duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and comply with all Federal and State Regulations, and internal credit union policies and procedures. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The position requires the ability to read and interpret documents, along with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The incumbent must possess the ability to speak effectively in one-on-one groups or large groups and the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints in a professional manner.
The incumbent should possess the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. He/she should also be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to credit union situations.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of complex instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. He/she must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
The position requires strong experience with Core Mortgage Servicing systems, as well as ancillary mortgage systems such as CoreLogic, and MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High school diploma.
- Must have a service mindset and be able to build relationships and manage customer needs effectively.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently with desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Loan Servicing Specialist encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regular physical exertion required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Work performed is typically sedentary with occasional periods of walking and standing. May also require stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Utilizes finger dexterity to perform computer options.
- Must be capable of effective oral communication via writing, telephone, or face to face.
- Travel between locations and attend meetings.
Mental & Visual Demands:
- Mental concentration required to work with numbers and spreadsheets.
- Work requires visual effort of significant duration to review documents, drive to client locations and interact with others.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Work environment is in a typical office setting free from noise and hazards