The individual in this position will serve as general support for a variety of marketing functions. These will include assisting with direct marketing; eMarketing functions, including social media and member email marketing; special projects including market and customer research; copywriting and marketing support for most departments of the Credit Union; and serve as primary administrative support for the Marketing department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in creative brainstorming and in implementing the Credit Union’s marketing plan and process improvement.
- Aides in the coordination of Credit Union communications such as brochures, email marketing, press releases, statement inserts, print advertising, lobby signs, website, social media and electronic display boards to support marketing objectives. Assists in ensuring all information complies with Credit Union’s branding standards.
- Serves as the marketing liaison for community events; assist in the organizing of promotional events and attending them to assist in facilitating their success. Take photographs and upload them to social media, website and press releases (newspapers/magazines). Attendance beyond regularly scheduled hours at community events will be required from time to time.
- Under the direction of the VP Marketing, assist in planning and coordinating Credit Union image and promotion seminars, and public relations events including open houses, Annual Meetings and anniversaries. Assists with implementation of promotional campaigns for Credit Union products and services. Assists with ensuring competitive pricing on promotional items and maintaining inventory control.
- Perform market research and analysis using various data collection methods (surveys, focus groups, etc.) and data sources (Marquis, Callahan, NAFCU, CCUA). Research the Credit Union’s competitor’s marketing trends (electronically, newspaper, magazines). Track, measure and report marketing outcomes. Assist with database marketing analysis, some analytical skills required; assist with research requested from other departments of the Credit Union.
- Administrative support of the charitable giving of the Credit Union including filing of approved and denied requests, tracking of approved requests for CRA, and coordinating Donation committee meetings. Helping coordinate fundraising efforts of employee Jean Days.
- Track and evaluate cost effectiveness of online and direct mail marketing programs.
- Administrative support of marketing filing system (compliance tracking and auditing), marketing project/community event calendar, and department marketing requests.
- Assist with the administration of the Credit Union’s print vendor online ordering system.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and comply with all Federal and State Regulations, and internal credit union policies and procedures. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The position requires the ability to read and interpret documents, along with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The incumbent must possess the ability to speak effectively in one-on-one groups or large groups and the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints in a professional manner.
The incumbent should possess the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. He/she should also be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to credit union situations.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish fact,s and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of complex instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. He/she must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
The position requires strong experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software, Social Networking platforms and Website design, as well as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- An Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in marketing (not essential but an advantage)
- At least two years marketing experience preferred
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Marketing & Social Media Coordinator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regular physical exertion required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Work performed is typically sedentary with occasional periods of walking and standing. May also require stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Utilizes finger dexterity to perform computer options.
- Must be capable of effective oral communication via writing, telephone, or face to face.
- Travel between locations and attend meetings.
Mental & Visual Demands:
- Mental concentration required to work with numbers and spreadsheets.
- Work requires visual effort of significant duration to review documents, drive to client locations and interact with others.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Work environment is in a typical office setting free from noise and hazards.