Responsible for providing quality service internally and externally for the daily processing of Retail Loan Servicing and Deposit Services areas including Card Services, Online Banking, Electronic Services, ACH, and Exception and Return Item Processing. The incumbent will understand and comply with all State and Federal Regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides email and phone support with members and colleagues on service questions and issues.
- Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting department production goals and standards.
- Seeks improved methods and functionality for all services provided.
- Ensures timely ordering, production, and delivery of plastic access cards, including ATM, Debit, and Credit Cards. Maintains knowledge plastic card procedures.
- Processes charge backs and manages disputed activity. Responds within regulatory timeframes (specifically Regulation E). Interacts with proper service provider depending upon type of transaction.
- Handles charge backs related to debit card activity.
- Contact members when cards are compromised.
- Ensures processing and resolution of fraudulent or unauthorized ACH and/or checking transactions.
- Ensures proper processing of International ACH Transactions (IATs), wire transfers.
- Responsible for adherence to the NACHA rules, United States Government regulations, and Commonwealth of Massachusetts laws governing ACH and exception processing and remains current with ACH timeframes, regulations, and returned item processes.
- Responsible for all tasks related to processing and exception handling of ATM, Debit Cards, and Credit Cards.
- Responsible for all tasks associated with Remote Deposit processing.
- Assists in providing service and support for members through ITM when needed.
- Performs loan adjustment functions including researching and resolving member disputes, processing loan modification requests and loan maintenance due to incorrect set-up.
- Performs Title and Insurance functions including monitoring perfection of vehicle titles, releasing documents for all consumer loans, responding, and resolving members and insurance agent’s inquiries regarding insurance policies.
- Performs quality control functions including ensuring all new consumer loans are set up correctly. Make necessary corrections as needed.
- Produce monthly reports for file maintenance, loan maturity, rate adjustments, debt protection programs and any data integrity issue.
- Follows all record retention guidelines related to servicing, from the filing of active loan files, storage of paid off loans and the purging of documentation/files following the expiration of required retention timeframes.
- Contributes to department goals by undertaking other duties and/or projects as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and comply with all Federal and State Regulations, and internal credit union policies and procedures. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
No supervisory responsibilities
The position requires the ability to read and interpret documents, along with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The incumbent must possess the ability to speak effectively in on-on-one groups or large groups and the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints in a professional manner.
The incumbent should possess the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. He/she should also be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to credit union situations.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of complex instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The position requires strong experience with Credit Union Core systems, third party service providers, and MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High School Diploma, Associates degree is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of financial services experience, including specific responsibilities for deposit and card services functions and comfort with online banking products, and familiarly with ACH regulations. Familiarity with federal and state banking statutes and regulations. Electronic payments expertise required. Retail Loan experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills required.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Operations Specialist encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regular physical exertion required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Work performed is typically sedentary with occasional periods of walking and standing. May also require stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Utilizes finger dexterity to perform computer options.
- Must be capable of effective oral communication via writing, telephone, fax or face to face.
- Travel between locations and attend meetings.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Mental concentration required to work with numbers and spreadsheets.
Work Environment and Hazards
Work environment is in a typical office setting free from noise and hazards.